Bettine Dress Paper Pattern - Tilly and the Buttons
Make your own dress! This is a perfect beginners pattern: you’ll receive a lovely printed package with full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet which guides you through each step.
Bettine is an easy throw-it-over-your-head dress with a blousy bodice and scoop neckline, grown-on sleeves which hang softly around the underarm, turn-up cuffs, elasticated waistline to cinch you in and flattering tulip skirt.
The plain skirt version is a perfect project for beginners, but if you're more experienced you could try the pocket skirt version and optional cuff tabs.
Designer: Tilly and the Buttons
Skill Level: Beginner
Fabric Suggestions: Light- to medium-weight drapey fabrics, such as viscose/rayon, chambray, cotton voile, lawn or chambray. If you’re a confident stitcher, try a delicate crêpe or georgette.
- 150cm (60in) wide fabric - 2m (2 ¼ yards)
- 115cm (45in) wide fabric - 3m (3 ¼ yards)
You Will Need:
- Matching thread
- Your waist measurement in 9-12mm (1/2in) wide elastic
- Iron-on interfacing - 0.3m (1/2 yard) (similar weight to your fabric)
- A medium/large safety pin
- Optional: 2 x 1.5-2cm (5/8-3/4in) buttons for cuff tabs
- Sewing machine and basic tools