Dominique Skirt Paper Pattern - Tilly and the Buttons
Make your own easy skirt in 2 variations! This is a perfect beginners pattern: you’ll receive a lovely printed package with full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet which guides you through each step.
The straight skirt is simple to sew and features straight seams and an elasticated waist for an easy fit. Choose from a knee-length or above-knee hemline and optional patch pockets!
The flared version is a more challenging project: it's cut on the bias and has a drapier fit than the straight skirt. Choose from a knee-length or midi hemline, optional pockets, belt loops and a pretty sash.
Designer: Tilly and the Buttons
Skill Level: Beginner
- Straight skirt – Medium-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton, chambray, double gauze, linen, lighter weight denim and needlecord.
- Flared skirt – Light- to medium-weight drapey fabrics, such as cotton lawn, chambray, viscose (rayon), silk or polyester crêpe de chine. Avoid anything slippery if you’re a beginner!
- 150cm (60in) wide fabric - Sizes 1-7: Above knee: 1m (1 1/8 yd) Knee length: 1.1m (1 1/4yd) Sizes 8-10: Above knee: 1.2m (1 3/8 yd) Knee length: 1.5m (1 5/8yd)
- 115cm (45in) wide fabric - Sizes 1-8: Above knee: 1.2m (1 3/8 yd) Knee length: 1.5m (1 5/8yd) Sizes 9-10: Above knee: 1.6m (1 3/4 yd) Knee length: 1.8m (2yd)
- 150cm (60in) wide fabric - Sizes 1-8: Knee length: 1.9m (2 1/8yd) Midi length: 2.1m (2 1/4yd) Sizes 9-10: Knee length: 2m (2 1/4yd) Midi length: 2.3m (2 1/2yd)
- 115cm (45in) wide fabric - Sizes 1-8: Knee length: 2.2m (2 1/2yd) Midi length: 2.9m (3 1/8yd) Sizes 9-10: Knee length: 2.8m (3 1/8yd) Midi length: 3.1m (3 3/8yd)
You Will Need:
- Matching thread
- Your waist measurement in 25mm (1in) wide elastic
- A large safety pin
- For optional belt loops: 14cm (5 1/2in) of 4-7mm (1/8-3/8in) wide ribbon or two elasticated hairbands
- Sewing machine and basic tools